Sunday, April 10, 2011

[PYTASH] Chapter 6

This is it. This is the chapter I needed in this book. How to design a lesson. This was full of really awesome information. The 8 steps were a great way to break down how to set up a successful lesson plan and meet everything we need to as teachers and hopefully keep kids interesting. Teaching isn't mathematical and sterile, but there needs to be some real structure and a "right" way of doing (in an amorphous kind of way, but "right" nonetheless).

A lot of the figures/handouts she showed may have only been applicable to The Odyssey, but their form and purpose in the lesson could be used anywhere, especially with classic literature. Seeing her actually apply the last 5 chapters felt great.

2 comments:

Teresa said...

I really liked that she said their is a right way to teach. For some reason this gave me some reassurance that I don't have to just wing it. I really like how she compared teaching to being a doctor and that if you didn't follow the right way of doing things it is malpractice.

I was also very excited for this chapter. There are such great ideas for lessons and I know I will be using some of these in my classroom.

Unknown said...

I am glad you found this chapter helpful!

Post a Comment