Thursday, February 3, 2011

[FOOT] The Socially Networked Classroom (sort of)

Didn't get too far into this yet, but I'm super stoked on its presentation and the models its using. It's an extremely informative book thus far, and isn't cumbersome, as a lot of textbooks are. It's forward thinking in what it's trying to utilize to bring a classroom together. I didn't think I'd ever run across a book that actually understands the power behind Web 2.0 tools. Albeit it's already falling behind with new technologies coming out, but I'm not here to discredit it -- the book is spot on for what we as burgeoning teachers need. It is useful in integrating tech such as Facebook and Twitter into the classroom, which may make the students feel more at home. I still have a lot more to consume in the book before I could have something worthwhile to say, but I'll at least get this up here.

No comments:

Post a Comment